COVID-19 Update: Return to Patient Care
We are excited to announce that we will be reopening Friday May 1, 2020. Please contact our office if your child has an urgent dental need or is experiencing pain so we can prioritize your visit. We are honored to serve your child’s dental needs during these unprecedented times, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
To best protect your family, our families, and our community, it is important that we maintain social distancing as much as possible in the office. For that reason, the following measures are in place indefinitely:
- We will limit and reduce the number of patients, parents and staff in the clinic at all times through our scheduling practices.
- Only children being treated and one accompanying adult may enter the clinic. Please do not bring siblings or other family members to your appointment unless you plan to wait outside of the office.
- If your child is old enough to comfortably come into the clinic alone, please wait outside after walking them in.
- We will physically distance patients and any accompanying adults within the office with the exception of siblings with an appointment at the same time.
- If your child is young and requires parent presence in the clinic, you will be screened and required to wear a mask. To help us conserve our desperately needed PPE, please bring a mask to wear. If not, we may be able to provide one.
- Our waiting room and play areas are closed. We will use a virtual waiting room instead and ask that you to wait in your car until you can be seen. PLEASE OPT IN to our text communication if not currently enrolled as this will be our primary means of communication. If you are not able to do so, a phone number will be provided to call us upon your arrival.
- We will be screening everyone who enters the practice.
- Families will be screened by phone and in person to assess the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- We will take the temperature of all patients and parents upon entering the office.
- Our staff and dentists will be screened twice daily.
- We may be unable to treat your child if they present to the clinic with certain risk factors. To avoid that scenario as much as possible, please be available for a phone screening prior to your visit or contact us if you anticipate a concern.
- We will utilize all recommended PPE and disinfection techniques as established by the CDC and ADA specific to this time of increased risk.
We understand that these protocols are extensive and may seem scary, overwhelming or even unfriendly. Please know that we are simply following recommendations and mandates to keep your families and ours healthy and safe. Do not hesitate to contact us with individual questions or concerns. We are here to support you and your children during these unprecedented times.
Through you may not recognize us under our PPE, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dr. Joe Guido, Dr. Katie Rusnak, Dr. Shivaun McArtur & The Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry Team
Your First Visit
Our goal at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry is to create an atmosphere of comfort, communication, and compassion for our patients and their families while providing superior dental care.
Creating an atmosphere of comfort and compassion is very important to us so we can instill positive feelings about going to the dentist without anxiety, pain or fear. Depending on the age…LEARN MORE
We love our patients at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry! To make sure you love us too we have a few policies in action to establish expectations and assure superior customer satisfaction.LEARN MORE
Can I stay with my child while he/she is being treated? Yes – parents are permitted to accompany children in the dental operatory during treatment. We encourage parents to join…LEARN MORE
- "I appreciate the level of patience and care taken with a scared little boy. It was definitely not an easy day for him. He struggled with his fear of having his teeth cleaned but the staff continuously tried to ease his concerns and provide him with a compassionate and gentle approach."- Kimberly H.
- "My kids love going to the dentist thanks to the amazing staff! Everyone is super friendly and great with the kids from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave. I highly recommend this practice for anyone looking for a pediatric dentist."- Betsy B.