COVID-19 Protocol Update: November 3, 2020
We know things look a bit different at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry right now with all of our COVID-19 protocols, but under our PPE we’re the same fun and smiling team! We can’t wait to see you at your visit and give you an air-five when you arrive.
To best protect your family, our families, and our community, it is important that we limit the number of people in the office and maintain social distancing.
Due to a recent increase in cases, dental offices must further enhance their COVID-19 prevention measures:
- We are limiting the number of patients, parents & staff in the clinic at all times through our scheduling practices.
- Only children being treated may enter the clinic. We cannot have extra visitors during appointments, including siblings or children.
- If your child is school-aged, we ask that parents walk their child to the door to speak with our staff about planned treatment and then return to their car to wait. A team member will greet you and your child at the door and personally walk your child into the clinic. That person will stay with your child through their visit. We will contact you when treatment is completed.
- If your child is under the age of 6, or requires a parent presence for another reason, please discuss these needs with our staff in advance. If entering the clinic, you will be screened and required to wear a mask.
- If a parent is required at the appointment only ONE adult will be permitted to join the child(ren) being seen.
- No additional siblings or children may attend appointments for any reason.
- We physically distance patients and, when necessary, one accompanying adult within the office with the exception of siblings with simultaneous appointments.
- Our waiting room and play areas are closed.
- We have a virtual waiting room instead. Please wait in your car until you can be seen.
- Please OPT IN to text communication, if not currently enrolled. You will receive text instructions to check in when you arrive. If you are not able to do so, please call 970.224.3600.
- We screen everyone who enters the practice.
- Families are screened by phone and in person to assess the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- We take the temperature of all patients and parents upon entering the office.
- Our staff and dentists are screened twice daily.
- We may be unable to treat your child if they come into the clinic with certain risk factors. These include, but are not limited to, COVID-19 symptoms, exposure or recent travel within the immediate family.
- To avoid that scenario, please be available for a phone screening prior to your visit, or contact us if you anticipate a concern.
- We utilize all recommended PPE and disinfection techniques as established by the CDC and ADA specific to this time of increased risk.
We understand that these protocols are extensive and may seem scary, overwhelming, or even unfriendly. Please know that we are doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are following Federal and local recommendations and mandates to keep our community, your families and ours healthy and safe. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are here to support you and your children during these unprecedented times.
Your First Visit
Our goal at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry is to create an atmosphere of comfort, communication, and compassion for our patients and their families while providing superior dental care.
Creating an atmosphere of comfort and compassion is very important to us so we can instill positive feelings about going to the dentist without anxiety, pain or fear. Depending on the age…LEARN MORE
We love our patients at Mountain Kids Pediatric Dentistry! To make sure you love us too we have a few policies in action to establish expectations and assure superior customer satisfaction.LEARN MORE
Can I stay with my child while he/she is being treated? Yes – parents are permitted to accompany children in the dental operatory during treatment. We encourage parents to join…LEARN MORE
- "I appreciate the level of patience and care taken with a scared little boy. It was definitely not an easy day for him. He struggled with his fear of having his teeth cleaned but the staff continuously tried to ease his concerns and provide him with a compassionate and gentle approach."- Kimberly H.
- "My kids love going to the dentist thanks to the amazing staff! Everyone is super friendly and great with the kids from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave. I highly recommend this practice for anyone looking for a pediatric dentist."- Betsy B.