Sometimes children need a little extra support to have their dental treatment completed. We have several safe and effective options available to create a stress-free environment for your child.
Nitrous Oxide (aka Laughing Gas)
Nitrous Oxide is a safe & effective option for children who either need help relaxing & staying calm while visiting the dentist, or during a dental treatment.
What happens if my child is given laughing gas?
- A small mask will be placed over their nose which will administer the Nitrous Oxide.
- Since Nitrous Oxide is quick acting, it will only remain in their body for a short time. This means – it wears off completely within minutes of the mask being removed.
- Your child will be awake and able to interact the entire time with the dental team. They’ll remember what happened as well.
In-Office General Anesthesia
We take the best interest of your child to heart when making a recommendation for General Anesthesia. Your child’s dental care team will always have a conversation and collaborate with you on your child’s unique situation. We are here to support the best outcome for your child. Typically, general anesthesia will be recommended for:
- Children with extensive dental needs
- Children who are extremely apprehensive or unable to cooperate
- Children with special needs
If recommended, general anesthesia allows your child to sleep comfortably while their dental work is completed, right in our own office. An additional benefit to general anesthesia is that extensive treatment plans that would normally require several appointments can be completed in a single visit.
For general anesthesia, we partner with licensed anesthesiology doctors from Carepoint Anesthesia. They are the experts on pediatric dental anesthesia – so you know your child will be given the best care.